1.26.2010

The Beginning ... v. 2.0

Welcome to our all new blog.

It's been a long time in coming, let me tell you. I've had a lot of false starts over the past couple of years -- all the best intentions, but dropping the ball almost as quickly as I started to pick it up. It took me a long time to figure out why, but now I think I know.

See, I LOVE blogs. I read many of them every day, reveling in the inspiring words, beautiful imagery and colorful personalities contained in each one. Whenever I leave a blog, I leave feeling as though I've just spent time with a friend. I feel warm and fuzzy and inspired. Why, then, was I having such a difficult time summoning up enough inspiration to tend to my own blog?

It finally hit me. I had felt limited to discussing ONLY things directly pertaining to my business. Now don't get me wrong, I adore my business. I think I have one of the most interesting "jobs" on the planet. But for some reason, in my head I reserved the Isabelle Chase Studios blog for informational purposes only. And quite honestly, there just wasn't a whole lot to report when looking through that narrow lens. There are only so many newsworthy items in the day to day life of a business.

I really don't know why it didn't occur to me to round the subject matter out a bit until now. But once I finally had that "head-whack" moment, it was like shackles were removed from my brain. I began really absorbing other blogs in a way I never had, and realize that the very best part of a great blog is getting to know the person behind it. I'm intensely shy and reserved by nature, so at times I struggle with the idea of delving into today's standard of transparency -- something I'm sure to touch on in posts to come. Still, I've come to realize that reading a soulless blog devoid of all human touch is about as appealing as a dry crust of bread.

So from now on, I've decided to allow myself the freedom of flexibility to talk about whatever comes to mind, which may or may not always have to do with the happenings at Isabelle Chase Studios. In doing so, I hope to find myself more inspired than ever to keep up with blogging, creating, and many other things. And I hope you will find this more multi-faceted approach to be a welcome breath of fresh air.

Here's to change!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails